Kristen {Adams} Graham shared this recipe with me. She promised I would make them more than once in less than a week...and I did. And I've passed the recipe along to others who had the same addiction. These are an easy treat to keep in the fridge for an extra little boost during the day.
Ingredients
1 cup oatmal
1/2 cup peanut butter (or other nut butter)
1/3 cup honey
1 cup coconut flakes
1/2 cup ground flaxseed
1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
1 tsp. vanilla
Directions
Mix everything together in a bowl until thoroughly incorporated. Let chill in the refrigerator for 30 minutes. Once chilled, roll into balls and enjoy. Store in an airtight container and keep refrigerated for up to a week.
(I missed the ground flaxseed part and used regular flaxseed. It made the bites crunchy. I tried them with the ground flaxseed and have to say I liked the whole flaxseed better, it gave the bite a nice texture. I also used natural peanut butter and liked it much better than name brand peanut butter. And if you can find a Trader Joes around, they have some awesome shredded coconut that seals the deal- but any shredded coconut, peanut butter, and/or flaxseed will work because these bites rock!)
shared from: smashedpeasandcarrots.blogspot.com
shared from: smashedpeasandcarrots.blogspot.com

No comments:
Post a Comment